Waqrapukara Full Day
Waqrapukara Full Day Tour, Our Waqrapukara Full Day Tour or Full Day Tour; will take you to one of the ancient Inca temples located in the Andes Mountains in Cusco, this fortress is built on top of one of the steepest mountains, this trekking experience will also immerse you in an area where travelers don’t usually go. This great hike takes you outside of the traditional treks in Cusco.
This archaeological center is a mixture of pre-Inca and Inca construction, therefore it was built by the Qanchi ethnic group and at the time of the Incas probably built in the period of the Inca Wayna Khápaq government considered as a fortress.
Waqrapukara is a new tourist attraction whose mysteries have not yet been deciphered and that allows a magnificent view of the night sky, populated by constellations, planets and stars of enormous value in the Inca cosmovision; Fortress, sanctuary, astronomical observatory are the interpretations of this enigmatic monument of the classic Inca architecture that is located at 4, 300 meters above sea level, in the abysses of the Apurimac River canyon, south of the city of Cusco.
Very early, approximately at 05:30 a.m. with your pick up at the Hotel, and we will take you in our vehicle to our breakfast point at 7:30 hrs, where we will enjoy a nutritious breakfast and then begin our journey to the southeast until we reach the town of Acomayo. Immediately after we will continue our journey to the point where we will start walking for approximately 3 hours at an altitude of 12 000 feet passing through the Cusco grasslands to our final destination: The ancient Inca fortress of Waqrapukara.
After a brief rest we will have enough time to visit and learn more about this mystical and religious archaeological site.
After a comforting lunch, we start our descent, the private transportation will be waiting for us to finally arrive to our Lodge at 17:00 hrs with the option to go to Cusco city arriving at 19:00 hrs. Travelers making the trip to Waqrapukara must be in good physical condition and with good acclimatization to the altitude.
- 04:30 – 05:00: Pick up of each passenger from their respective hotels in the surroundings of the historic center of Cusco.
- 05:00 – 07:30: Transfer from Cusco to breakfast point by bus.
- 07:30 – 08:00: Breakfast.
- 08:30 – 11:00: Start of the hike to Waqrapukara.
- 11:00 – 11.30: Guided visit to Waqrapukara.
- 12:00 – 14:30: Return to the starting point of the hike.
- 14:30 – 17:30: Transportation back to Cusco.
- 17:00 – 17:30: Arrival in Cusco (Plaza San Francisco).
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Professional guide.
- 1 Semi buffet breakfast.
- 1 Semi buffet lunch.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon.
- Lunch (dinner).
¿What to Bring?
When preparing your luggage, remember that the rainy season in Cusco is from December to March. Winter, between May and August, is especially cold, so it is recommended to bring.
- Original passport (and International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if you request this option).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Fleece jacket for warmth, hat and gloves.
- Polo shirts or t-shirts
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Reusable plastic bottle or metal container for water or camel bags.
- Water (only for the first 4 hours of trekking, then we will give you water beforehand.
- Insect repellent
- Hygiene items
- Personal medications
- Camera and films
- Flashlight with spare batteries (head flashlights are useful)
We are an agency created for women travelers, we will be very happy to assist you and help you in everything you need.
Our vision is for women to travel all over Peru without worrying, we make the places we visit safe and beautiful for every traveler.
Popular Tours and packages
Come and enjoy the Peruvian Andes in a big way, get to know the most famous 7-color mountain in Peru and the world.
Come and enjoy one of the most beautiful lagoons in Cusco, take this full day tour.