Short Inca Trail 2 Days
The two-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is ideal for those who are short on time or for those who have not booked the entire “classic” Inca Trail in time. At only 12 km long, the two-day Inca Trail is a challenging hike that makes it the ideal place for an unforgettable vacation.
Day 1: Cusco – Chachabamba
Our short version of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu begins at your hotel, where you will be picked up around 5:00 am. From your hotel, you will travel 1 to 1.5 hours with your guide to Ollantaytambo, where we will take the expedition train to our starting point called KM 104 “Chachabamba”.
At the departure point, you must present your Inca Trail ticket, your original passport and your ISIC card if you have one. Here the Inca Trail begins and we will start the 3.5 to 4 hour hike to Wiñayhuayna, where we will have a good lunch. The hike to Wiñayhuayna is a beautiful walk, where we can appreciate the incredible flora and landscape that surrounds us.
After lunch, we will walk another two hours to Intipunku “the gate of the sun”, from where we will have a magnificent view of Machu Picchu and all the surrounding mountains. Here we will have about 20 minutes to rest. Then we will head to the “Lost City of the Incas”, Machu Picchu. Here the Inca Trail ends and we will enter the wonder of Machu Picchu.
Finally, we take a bus to Aguas Calientes and head to your hotel.
We will arrive at 5:00 p.m. and enjoy a good dinner. After dinner we will settle in for the night.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
This last day we will have breakfast at 5 am and head to the bus station in Aguas Calientes. We will take a bus to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. To enter, you will also have to show your passport, entrance ticket and ISIC card, if you have one. Then, your guide will show you around Machu Picchu and the different important sites, ruins and temples of the site between 8:00 and 10:00 am. After the visit, you will have free time to explore the city, its many paths and beautiful surroundings.
After enjoying the magnificent city of the Incas, you will use your bus ticket to get off in Aguas Calientes and then take the train to Cusco via Ollantaytambo. The “Expedition Train” leaves at 18:30 and arrives in Ollantaytambo after 2 hours. In Ollantaytambo, a bus will be waiting to take you to Cusco. Here, your trip will end around 22:30 hours.
It is possible to change trains to arrive in Cusco later or earlier.
- Informative meeting one or two days before the visit.
- Transfers in and out
- Transportation to Ollantaytambo.
- Delivery trains to km. 104.
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- English and Spanish speaking professional guide.
- Assistant guide (for groups of 9 people or more).
- 01 tourist lodge in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner. Vegetarian meals or other dietary requirements can be arranged at no additional cost.
- First aid bottles for children and oxygen.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip train tickets to Expedition Tourism Service (Machupicchu.Ollanta and bus to Cusco) and transfer to hotel.
- Hotel in Machu Picchu. We have several options at the request of the passenger, and prices may vary according to the category of your preference.
- First breakfast before transfer on the first day – lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal belongings.
- Tips are not included, but are optional.
¿What to Bring?
When preparing your luggage, remember that the rainy season in Cusco is from December to March. Winter, between May and August, is especially cold, so it is recommended to bring.
- Original passport (and International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if you request this option).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Fleece jacket for warmth, hat and gloves.
- Polo shirts or t-shirts
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Reusable plastic bottle or metal container for water or camel bags.
- Water (only for the first 4 hours of trekking, then we will give you water beforehand.
- Insect repellent
- Hygiene items
- Personal medications
- Camera and films
- Flashlight with spare batteries (head flashlights are useful)
We are an agency created for women travelers, we will be very happy to assist you and help you in everything you need.
Our vision is for women to travel all over Peru without worrying, we make the places we visit safe and beautiful for every traveler.
Popular Tours and packages
Come and enjoy the Peruvian Andes in a big way, get to know the most famous 7-color mountain in Peru and the world.
Come and enjoy one of the most beautiful lagoons in Cusco, take this full day tour.